Mittwoch, 16. März 2016, 9.00–11.00 Uhr und 14.00–16.30 Uhr
Bartek Dus is the young generation polish saxophonist. He was awarded the "Primus Inter Pares" medal. He graduated from the Academy of Music in Katowice and Paris Conservatory in a class managed by Professor Claude Delangle. He also graduated from the Conservatory in Versailles, where he learnt under the direction of Vincent David. From 2013 Bartek Dus is a teacher in Academy of Music in Katowice.
Bartek Dus has won many prestigious awards during international competitions. His most important achievements include:
• Third Prize and Public Prize in International Competition „Aeolus“ in Düsseldorf (2012),
• Second Prize in International Saxophone Competition in Lódz (2012),
• First Prize in International Competition „Hülsta Woodwinds“ in Münster (2011),
• Second Prize in Internatioanl Saxophone Competition in Slovenia (2011),
• First Prize and Gold Medal in III International Michal Spisak Competition in Dabrowa Górnicza (2009),
• First Prize in VII and VIII Competition of Music of XX and XXI century in Radziejowice (2007, 2009)
As a student at the Academy of Music in Katowice, he participated in the Concert of the Year 2012, where a jury consisting of rectors of Polish music academies awarded him the first place and prize of the Minister of Culture.
In 2009 and 2013 Bartek Dus won the "Mloda Polska" Scholarship Program of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage and he was awarded a scholarship of the Minister of Culture for artistic achievements. In 2012 he received a scholarship from the French Government.
As a soloist, Bartek Dus, has played to the accompaniment of such orchestras as Dusseldorf Symphoniker, Rhenische Philharmonie, Silesian Philharmonic, Swietokrzyska Philharmonic, Zabrzanska Philharmonic, Slovenian Philharmonic String Chamber Orchestra, Fresco Sonore Chamber Orchestra, Pavel Haas Chamber Orchestra. As a soloist and chamber musician he gave concerts at international festivals, e.g. in Warsaw Autumn, Summerwinds Munsterland, Mlada Praha, Festisax, Jeunesse Musicales.
In duo MagDus with the pianist Magdalena Wojciechowska, he performs the works of saxophone repertoire and transcriptions. MagDus is involved in a very vivid concert activity. It has participated in musical festivals in Poland and abroad. In 2012 its debut record Malinconico (CLCL 123), with works of the French composers of the 20th century, was published by the Classic Clips publishing house.
Im Rahmen des Vienna International Saxfest 2016.