Before you register for an entrance examination, please make sure that you have not missed the deadline for applications. You will find all the details here. The MUK only offers annual examinations. Individual examinations are not possible. (Exception: Certificate of Performance)
1. Online registration
Submit your student pre-registration.
Enter the identification number that you receive at the end of the registration process in the relevant field on the registration form (not necessary for students of the university).
2. Written registration form
in legible capitals.
• CV, including any previous artistic training (not necessary for children and young people under 15)
• Letter of motivation (not necessary for applicants of the preparatory course)
• Copy of your passport or personal ID (not driving licence)
• Passport photo (not a photocopy and not attached with glue)
• 50.00 EUR fee for the entrance examination (if you are sending in your application, please put the money in the envelope. If you are applying in person, you can pay directly at the cash desk. Bank transfers are not necessary.)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma (only for applications for a Master’s degree and only if you already have the final degree mark)
PLEASE DO NOT SEND (APPLICATION) FOLDERS!
3. Personal submission or registered postage of the application
You can submit your application to the Registrar’s Office during its opening hours. If you post your application, please send it by registered post.
If you send your application with all the documents by post, you will receive a confirmation email.
You can find the arrangement of exam candidates about 10 days before the examination at: > Studying > Course of Studies > Entrance Examination Dates
For more information, please contact the Registrar’s Office:
Music and Arts University of the City of Vienna
Registrar’s Office, 3rd floor / room 3.20
T. +43 1 512 77 47-200
Schedule might be possibly altered even in the short term! Regarding that please look up this section of the website regularly. Thank you.
Applications for studying at the Music and Arts University of the City of Vienna can be submitted at the Admissions Office anytime; they will be reserved for the next admission period. Applications reaching the Admissions Office after the application deadline can no longer be considered for the subsequent audition date.